Top 10 Proven Strategies for Banishing Back Pain in Seniors:
Expert Tips and Techniques to Restore Your Spine's Health and Mobility
NEW BACK PAIN
If you have recently begun to have back pain, read my post about WHEN TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR about your pain to determine if the cause is serious.
TOP 10 PROVEN STRATEGIES
Our backs are vulnerable to injury if not properly cared for. Here sre some ways to prevent everyday back injuries:
1. Good Posture- Good alignment decreases stress on the muscles that support your spine
- Keep your shoulders back and relaxed.
- Tuck your chin slightly in, so your head is in line with your spine.
- Engage your core muscles to support your lower back.
- Distribute your weight evenly on both feet when standing.
- Sit with your feet flat on the ground and your back against a chair with lumbar support.
2. Strengthen your core
Core muscles include your abs and back. Core-strengthening exercises include planks, bridges and pelvic tilts
3. Stretch every day
Focus on hamstrings, hip flexors and lower back muscles
4. Use Proper Lifting Technique
5. Maintain a Healthy Weight
6. Choose the Right Shoes
Look for cushioning and arch support to keep your spine in alignment
7. Warm Up Before Activities
Stretching and light aerobic exercise improve flexibility
8. Sleep on a Supportive Mattress
Use pillows as needed to maintain good spine alignment
9. Avoid Repetitive Movements
10.Seek Medical Help when needed or when you are concerned.
Your doctor can discuss a variety of therapies before considering surgery:
Managing and preventing back pain doesn't have to be miserable. With a little affection, humor, and the right treatment plan, you can dance your way through the pain and find the relief you've been seeking. Embrace the journey to a healthier, pain-free back.